Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy I want to go faster

When I had my 1st daughter I was in complete awe of her girleyness. From the moment I held her and heard her cry and studied her movements, I KNEW I had a girly girl.

I don't think I was scared to have such an ultra girly girl, it was just a bit forgein to me. And to tell you the truth, I had never seen myself as being a mother to girls, especially thinking of how tomboyish and ungirlyish I felt I was. In retrospect maybe that is why I was blessed with 3 beautiful daughters. Hmmm something to ponder. I will have to sit on that couch another day. But surely I digress........

My first daughter *H* has always been ultra girly. Not girly lite, like her mother, but top of the line girl-o supreme. As a toddler you would just have to give her the wrong look and she would twist up into a bag of emotions. The way she moves her head, holds herself, and even speaks is so utterly female it's unbelievable!!! I just need to express how feminine she is because when I found out about her secret wild streak, it shocked me. And its not just a ohhhh lets mix my hot pink nail polish with a red short outfit wild streak..........its a need for speed wild streak.

Oh yeah baybay.....speed. I first saw glimmers of this inclination towards speed when she was about 6 years old and my Dad let her take a ride on his 4-wheeler. He had been giving all the babies rides when *H* wanted to drive it herself. He said ok (it was not an automatic, it was a standard and he put it in the lowest gear possible) and she started going with my Dad walking besides her. I remember my Dad telling her to be careful and go slow etc etc. Then all of a sudden she decided to hit the gas and the quad lurched forward. My Dad was suprised and almost fell due to the lurch. He let go of the quad and *H* tried to take off. I was laughing so hard and in utter dire shock, I just remember *H*'s SCREAMS OF JOY and my Dad trying to run to catch her as she full throttled the quad in 1st gear. I will never forget when she was finally caught the sheer exhilaration on that childs face. That's when I knew my girly girl had a wild streak!

That streak does pop up in various places, but more so when we are camping and doing 4 wheel rides. So this year my Uncle had purchased a new quad. It was one that has way too much power for what the machine is intended.

Now I know you are a frequent reader and can probably see where this is headed....please, read on.

I had riden it by myself and it was a *bit* squirley when you hit the gas too fast, but nothing that I couldn't handle. So I offered to give the kids a ride and of COURSE they all jumped at the chance. Now I had already given rides SEVERAL times to the kids and we had always gone at slow speeds. *H-girl* immediately says she wants to go first. I said ok, lets go. I climb on and then she gets on behind me. Right before I start the quad *H* put her arms around my middle and very quietly whispers in my ear,

"Mommy I want you to go REALLY fast".
"Baby, we can't go too fast because I don't want you to get hurt."
*she giggles*
"MOMMY....but I want to go FAST"
I kinda turned and looked at her and saw this excited evil kneviel look in her eyes.
"Baby, you really want to go fast?"
"yeah - backwards"
"I will go a little fast for you...but not too fast"
*giggle, giggle, giggle*

So I fire up the quad and did a baby punch on the gas. Did I mention above that this thing has too much power for what is needed? Did I? Well it does. Huh....

So I hit the gas, we lurched (faster than I thought we would) and all while I was turning backwards. Do you *KNOW* what happenes when you are backing up in a turn with too much speed? Do you? Well take a wild guess. I felt it as soon as I hit the gas and immediately took my finger OFF the accelerator. Oh and the whole time there was a squeal of joy coming from behind me. I felt us tipping and tried to counter it.....as soon as I knew we were going to tip I immediately pushed *H* off and I dinked over right into a HUGE puddle of mud. I just sat there and I looked over at *H* and she had a bit of a shocked face on at first.....but soon after...she was laughing and smiling about it.

Were we hurt?

No, we weren't going fast enough during the dink over to get hurt. Although I was covered in mud.

Did we get back on and go for a ride?

Yes, but mommy refused to go faster than 10 mph.

Did I cure *H's* need for speed?

Henh.....What do you think??!?!?!?!?! *wink*

1 Comments:

Blogger fivedreamin said...

LOL!!!! You are a great story teller!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home